Sunday, August 5, 2007

- Ladder Racing

I'm tired just watching these guys, I have to admit. I wonder what inspired this sport, I really do. A lot of things, as we know, are first attempted when drunk, but this surely would have resulted in death had this been the case, thus quickly ending the great ladder race experiment.

After literally seconds of research, I found out that there is a sport, or rather a series of sports known as Firematic Racing, which, apparently, 'carry on a tradition as old as firefighting itself.' Today, it is a sport which is believed to exist in New York State alone. The commentary on this clip doesn't sound particularly New Yorkian, so we can only assume that Firematics is spreading around the world.


Men with ladders

Numeorus inane comments accompany this clip on YouTube, the only person talking any sense seems to be a Mindfreak36912, who notes the possible advantages to those in the gutter cleaning profession.


 

No comments: